EnviroDNA distributes Smith-Root Inc. eDNA sampling products in Australia and New Zealand. Smith-Root products are supported by science, designed by a team of scientists and engineers that provide the best possible sampling systems on the market. For more information about Smith-Root Inc, visit their website here.
Water samplers and poles
Smith-Root Inc. have designed water sampling system that enable continuous, mobile sampling. These are pupose-built for eDNA sampling and generate spatially-integrated samples for maximal species detection. Handheld and backpack models are available as well as extendable sampling pole accessories.
- GPS track for each mobile sampling transect
- ml/m output shows filtered volume per meter distance
- Triplicate sampling with the Smith-Root Trident pole
Smith-Root Inc. filters are available in multiple pore sizes for both regular and self-preserving filter types. These filters help improve sampling efficiency and minimize risk of contamination with a published method.
- Reduce contamination. Alternate sampling methods require removal of the filter in the field for preservation. Any handling method will increase the chance of contamination. With the self-preserving filter housing, the filter is never handled until safely back in the laboratory giving you increased confidence in your research.
- Higher DNA yields as research demonstrated almost twice the yield of DNA per liter when using self-preserving filter housings compared to the standard methods using ethanol. Easier to use and improved science!
- No more ethanol