We are looking for a Molecular Scientist!
We are looking for a molecular genetic scientist to jump into the hum of our Brunswick based lab team in Melbourne. We are diving into some exciting and significant eDNA projects for our clients and need some more hands on deck to make them happen.
- Want to be part of delivering innovative wildlife detection services to industry?
- Do you have the skillset and motivation to join us?
- Perhaps you have just finished your post grad studies and looking at what’s next?
- Maybe you are in between projects and want to gain some more experience.
We are looking for someone who can start quickly so don’t hesitate to reach out with your interest.
Who would you be working with?
For 5 years we have been EnviroDNA – Australia’s first dedicated provider of environmental DNA (eDNA) services. We are a purpose driven business and as the name suggests, eDNA is at the heart of what we do. We help government, not-for-profit and private organisations detect species and map biodiversity using eDNA methods. It’s a technology that is opening the door to unprecedented wildlife detection data and we are helping lead the charge. Ultimately, we aim to enable improved outcomes in important areas such as biosecurity and conservation.
To help ensure we deliver great results and have happy clients by being a project delivery superstar in the molecular lab.
Delivery of great results thanks to your efficient and quality lab work that ticks the boxes of QC/QA, safety, timeliness, and budget.
- Relevant technical expertise - competency and experience with molecular lab tasks such as DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, and sequencing. It will be bonus if you have experience with eDNA or metabarcoding, but at the very least you need to be motivated to learn.
- Attention to detail/meticulous organisation – critical to quality control in the lab, staying on top of data, balancing a number of projects and timeframes.
- Efficient and adaptable team player – you are motivated by your work and are a quick and efficient worker. It’s also important that our people can work well in a team and be flexible and adaptable to changes and challenges that inevitably present in a dynamic growing business.
You need to be able to available to start by 7th March 2022 or soon after.
- Scientific excellence - Scientific rigour and innovation are central to the practical outcomes we deliver
- Bring grit – We are fast paced, determined and persevere through challenges
- Love it, own it - We are passionate about what we do and own the responsibility for achieving greatness
- Do good for the environment - We are driven by purpose and strive to have a positive impact
- Trust yourself and each other - We have the courage to face ambiguity and help others do the same
What we can offer
- 3-6 month contract with potential to extend for the right person and depending on needs of business.
- Full time position (open to Part Time), $70-$80K annual salary rate negotiable
- A shiny new purpose-built molecular laboratory and office in the hustle and bustle of Brunswick, Melbourne.
- A team of dedicated colleagues who strive to have a positive impact and love what they do.
- Start date 7th March 2022 or soon after
Applications close Thursday 3rd March (however you can still send interest after application close date to be considered for future positions)
Please send an email to Ana Giraldo (email@example.com) including the following:
- A cover letter of no more than one page including why you want to jump on board with us in this position.
- Your CV
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so please don’t hesitate.